CMTC was developed in 1991 to help create the right time and place for models and talent to gain experience and showcase their potential to top career makers. For over 28 years CMTC has helped aspiring models, actors, and talent overcome four key obstacles associated with breaking into the modelling and entertainment industries:
- Meeting the Right People. The most important person an aspiring model/talent needs is a legitimate agent or manager who believes in them and will represent and promote them to their clientele.
- Education. Many potential models/talent do not know how to get started, which agencies are reputable, or what skills and tools are necessary for a national or international career in modelling, acting, singing, and dance. CMTC provides the best venue to be educated by industry experts and the reps themselves through seminars and workshops held throughout convention weekend.
- Cost. As with anything worth pursuing, beginning a career in modelling, acting, singing or dance is an investment. However, it should not cost enormous amounts of time and money to find out if you have what it takes to succeed in the modelling and entertainment industries. The CMTC registration base fee covers the costs of putting together a comprehensive event to showcase aspiring models/talent to the world’s top modelling and talent agents, managers, casting directors, producers, and record labels. To put things into perspective, consider two possible alternatives:
(1) travelling to major industry markets individually or
(2) attending similar events in the U.S.
Travelling to major markets such as New York, Los Angeles, Paris, or Milan to meet with agents would cost you thousands of dollars for your flight, accommodations, meals, and other travelling expenses. Travelling to the U.S. and attending a similar convention could also prove quite costly. Registration fees at similar events in the U.S. are often well over $2500 U.S.D. In contrast, CMTC provides an affordable venue for Canadians to network and showcase their potential by bringing national and international reps to them.
- Location. Most aspiring models/talent do not live in an area that allows easy access to the major modelling and talent agents, managers, casting directors, producers, and record labels that can help launch their careers. CMTC makes the connection by providing a venue that brings together potential aspiring models/talent with the world’s top reps and scouts, all under one roof. At the event, models/talent will have the opportunity to meet with industry experts from New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, London, Tokyo, Osaka, Taipei, Seoul, Miami, Montreal, Toronto and many more.