- The Kids Casting Competition is available to contestants ages 4 to 11 only.
- This competition is set up to resemble a TV commercial audition where children are asked to improvise.
- Contestants will be performing live in front of a panel of agents, managers, and casting directors – who will also be acting as CMTC judges.
- This competition is closed to audience attendance.
- A host will be present to ask questions and give direction to the contestants.
- Judging is based on how well contestants listen and take direction, natural unrehearsed responses, projection, articulation, wit, intelligence, body language, and personality.
Entertainment Industry Fact: Many on-camera auditions ask talent to improvise. Improvisation, or improv, is a form of acting in which the plot, characters, and/or dialogue of performance are made up in the moment. Improv is not scripted.
- Dress age-appropriate.
- Each contestant should wear clothing that lets their personality shine but does not distract from their performance or inhibit their ability to perform.
- Comfortable shoes recommended.