- The TV/Film Casting Competition is open to contestants of all ages.
- This competition is set up to resemble an actual TV/Film audition.
- During this competition, contestants will be paired up with one other contestant and will perform a scene live in front of a panel of casting directors, agents, and managers, who will also be acting as judges.
- Pre-selected scenes for this competition will be posted on the TV/Film Casting Scripts section of the Contestant Hub on April 19, 2024
- Only the pre-selected scripts (also known as “sides”) found on the TV/Film Casting Scripts section of the Contestant Hub are permitted. The scripts are organized based on division.
- The script (also known as “sides”) is a dialogue between two characters. Contestants are expected to learn the lines of both characters to the best of their ability.
- Prior to entering the competition room, contestants will be paired up and assigned a role in the scene.
- Contestants are allowed to enter the competition room with script in hand and are allowed to reference the script when necessary.
- Contestants are not to read any other roles or the stage direction.
- Props or set pieces are not permitted.
- Judging is based on performance, delivery, believability, and acting range.
- This competition is closed to audience attendance.
- Costumes are not permitted.
- Reps suggest that talent wear the most suitable wardrobe choice for auditions: a daytime-casual outfit.
Fun Fact: Sides (also called audition sides, script sides, or acting sides) are pages from a script that casting directors give to actors as part of the audition process for feature films, plays, television shows, etc. Actors can hold these scripts at their side for reference during the audition.